How to give on Bristol Giving Day
Practical and innovative advice on making donations on Bristol Giving Day
Check out this inspiration from Bristol Giving Day supporter Ashton Chritchlow, of Ifamax Wealth Management
Personal finance drop-in clinic
Ifamax have cleared their diaries on Bristol Giving Day to offer free advice sessions where anyone can come to their office and ask anything finance related, no matter how big or small.
They’ll also be holding sessions over the phone/Skype/e-mail if someone is unable to get into their office. Their expertise is free and they hope people will make a donation to www.bristolgivingday.co.uk
And the icing on the cake – Ifamax will match the donations raised during the day.
Quartet asked Ashton to share his tips for making it easy for people to donate on Bristol Giving Day.
Q 1. How difficult will it be for people to make donations to Bristol Giving Day in response to the advice given by Ifamax?
- We’ve found a really easy way. We’ve created a fundraising page, through the Bristol Giving Day page link: https://mydonate.bt.com/events/bristolgivingday
Anyone can visit this page to make donations safely and securely.
Q 2. How will people taking part in the Ifamax sessions know where to make their donation?
- It’s easy – we’ll give them the link to https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/ifamax and we’ll share the page on social media too.
Q 3. Will all the donation go to charity or are there fees?
- The page is set up through MyDonate, a zero commission, not-for profit service. The only fees taken are those to cover the fees of credit and debit card companies (the credit card charge is 1.3%, while the debit card charge is fixed at 15p).
Q 4. Can other companies set up their own donations page?
- Yes – anyone can do it! You can then share your page with those who are donating through your organisation. They will see your organisation’s logo and donate their funds under your name. The donor can choose whether or not to share the information publicly, on the MyDonate website, or to keep it private (visible only to the fundraising business/organisation you are donating through, and Quartet).
Q 5. I’ve heard about ’Gift Aid’. How does it work?
- On MyDonate the donor can choose whether or not to ‘Gift Aid’ it. Choosing to Gift Aid allows Quartet to claim an extra 25p from the UK government for every £1 you give at no extra cost to the donor.
Q 6. Where will the money go in the end?
- The money will go to support the vital work of small local charities and good causes in Bristol, working on a shoestring to make a difference in our city.